Well don't have a fit Dustin Kelly - even Karen Peck said that is what they were saturday night! It was my first time seeing Karen Peck live......and my 1000th time seeing Jeff"rey" Hawes in person as I have known him since he was little. His family grew up with my dad so we've known each other a long time (don't mean to sound like we were best friends or anything just that we knew each other). I remember him playing the organ at Caperton's Chapel many years ago - who knew he'd end up singing with Karen Peck and being nominated for a Horizon award only a couple of months later! Go vote for Jeffrey! Anyhow - I found out friday night that he was going to be at Caperton's Chapel saturday night singing, it started out as a little dinner to honor him and turned out to be a bit bigger than they expected :) That church is where my dad grew up, I myself lived 300 ft from it when I was small. It's where my dad's family is buried...anyhow - to get to the actual singing, it was just great. Karen Peck was awesome - hitting notes that I don't think you could say are actually on a piano scale :) and not even trying people! I was so jealous...Jeffrey did great as well. I've never got to hear him sing - at least not since he was like 12 so very different now :) He just did awesome - and if you know him at all you know he is such a sweet and wonderful person to be around. After standing around forever and everyone else grabbing him from all directions, Tara and I finally got to hug him and talk for like maybe a minute before there was a line waiting for their turn impatiently :) remember the people there were mostly his friends and family who want to congratulate him just like we did....I promise more people were in line to talk to him than Karen - really Dustin! :) But like I said - it was a great singing.
Sunday we didn't have church that morning so we went to Tacobet...haven't been there since I was like 10 - the kids loved it - rode a miniature horse :) Pet the dogs, chickens, rabbits, etc. Then dropped off the mtn to go to Jackson County Park for a bit - then had to rush home to get ready for church that night. All in all I had a very busy weekend and it was sooooo beautiful and nice outside! I'm loving this weather!
Until next time...
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Cassie, this passage really hurts my heart! To even think that someone would miss use the name of a legend! Not to mention you!!! The name will never be none other than, KAREN PECK & NEW RIVER!!! I would like an official apology in public in writing! Thanks, concerned citizen with major crush on Karen...
ReplyDeleteLOL - I TOLD you that Karen said it first! I promise! LOL
ReplyDeleteHey- yes, as in Keith Kirby! He got married this weekend to Savannah Marona. :)
ReplyDeleteOkay, Dustin, I guess I will have to defend Cassie. I was there. Karen said it first. You would have loved the singing! It's a great "production" - but there is so much that is heartfelt you almost forget it is a production. :-) They're better in person than they are on the CD!!!
ReplyDelete