Monday, November 2, 2009

Trick or Treat!












































So.....the kids had a BLAST friday and saturday - On Friday they had their party at school - then we left from there and went to Marissa's house for lunch/party/crafts/etc. Then friday night we went to Kyle and Amy's house for a bonfire....trying to find your kids in the dark is fun - especially when they have a glow in the dark bracelet on - but then so does every other kid out there - so which one is mine! LOL - it was fun - they had a great time then mom took them to her house and I stayed sitting around the fire - that was the best :) So Saturday - went trick-or-treating at Memaw's - and a couple of others before we went to Denise and Gabriel's for I believe it's called "Trunk or Treat" where we all line our cars up and let the kids get their candy from our "trunks." I LOVED THIS! No more getting 2 kids in and out of car seats every five minutes. I believe this should be an annual thing - we can change where we do it and swap that up - but still - no more going door to door! And plus I got to see all the other kids dressed up that I don't get to do if I go door to door. Just so many advantages to it :) So after all the trick or treating - went across the street to Sister Beverly Guffey's house for her bonfire/weenie roast - this is an annual thing for us since we moved to Higdon. Of course the kids loved this too - running around in the dark chasing dogs :) But there was more light here so I could keep up with them better this time. Hilary begged me to go rolling yards with some of the kids that night so Dad would let her go too. I told her it didn't matter if I went - he still wouldn't let her go - I only went one time and I was 19 and Dad had no idea - neither did mom actually - it was in Winchester and we rolled Bro. David Maple's yard. I'm telling you that was one of the funnest nights of my life! So - back to Hil - she asked Dad if she could go if I went too and his response was, "Cassie can't go either!" LOL - I know my Dad well :) SO - instead of going rolling - they got their yard rolled that night. But it was weak - sad looking actually. Turns out my yard was brought up to be a possibility that night but they were afraid Clint would shoot them....ha-ha, guess they didn't know he was out of town! Lucky me!
So Sunday morning - went to Griffin - really really good serviced - Bro. Shirley Byrum read for a little bit - then church that night at Home was really really good too. A bunch of us went to Wendy's afterward - and then on Monday morning back to work, back to reality. Oh well - it was fun while it lasted :) Until next time!........































No comments:

Post a Comment