Monday, September 28, 2009

What a weekend!

Ok - so let's just catch up from the last post - friday night we had a singing at Higdon - with the 8 groups I had told you about - which ended up having a little more than that with a special or 2 :) But anyhow - with that many people singing, the singing still ended at 11 EST....per Bro. Edwin's "suggestion" ha-ha. We even sang 6 songs! Clint was supposed to have gone to the singing with me - but about an hour or so before he got home from work our septic system clogged up - I mean everything - both toilets, bathtub, tiled shower and sinks.....fun stuff :) This has happened more than once since we had our house worked on in April from water damage - we had a new bathroom put in - an old one replaced, etc and the plumbing is just not done right so it all gets clogged up once in a while - so anyhow Clint couldn't take a shower when he got home, thankfully I already had! So since he couldn't take a shower (though we have plenty of close-by friends/family who have working showers) he stayed home...so of course at half time those beautiful kids of mine went home too :) At least I got to enjoy the 2nd half of the singing without worrying about 2 crazy kids. So, the singing was good - everyone did a great job...ok now on Saturday - me, Hilary, Toby and Alea head out to Town (town for anyone in our area means Chattanooga) so I could find something to wear in the pictures for the CD of Alvie's songs...so anyhow - it POURED off and on the entire time - went a few places and started to head back towards home around 1:30 ish. Toby had to be home in time to watch the Bama game which was supposed to come on at 3. So I told him we'd be home in plenty of time. About 1.5 minutes after that statment I come to a red light where I will make a left turn on to the interstate.....so I'm sitting at the light, it's pouring down, and I notice this silver car heading out in the intersection - and she is starting to dart towards my direction....not good, what is she doing? she's going to move right? And then BAM!!!!!!! Airbag in my face, smoke everywhere, people screaming....it was like a dream - like I was watching something else happen, and I know this was probably really fast - only a couple seconds but it was like time slowed down. And everytime I start talking about it my chest starts hurting. So I have never been in anything like that - I look at Hilary in the passenger seat and she is screaming and trying to move, really she kind of lost it - I couldn't get her to answer me clearly for a couple of minutes - Alea is screaming and flipping out and the air bags have deflated with this horrible smoke and we are choking on it so we roll our windows down, to get drenched from the rain....but at least we could breathe. Somehow we all calm down and realize we are all ok - Thankfully everyone had on their seat belt - we all have bruises from that, I have a cut on my arm, very small, but other than that no pain anywhere, no broken bones sticking out - we were all ok. It wasn't until sometime after that that I realize a huge truck is squished into the back end of my car. So, after it is all said and done - the lady that hit us was a 76 year old woman, that according to witnesses, had been weaving in and out of traffic minutes before coming to that intersection where she just ran the red light and weaved over into the on-coming traffic (thankfully we were sitting still). She didn't even realize she had done anything wrong - asking if it was her fault. Poor lady - I was glad she was ok too - no one had to be taken to the hospital. The man behind me - oh his big truck got a good bite out of my car but he only had one very small dent in the chrome of his truck - very minimal....and the lady that hit me - her car had nowhere near the damage mine did.....how nice :) So we are pretty sure my car is totaled....just waiting on call from her insurance company...oh yeah! I forgot to tell you the icing on the cake - so while standing in the rain and freezing to death, the officer is writing down all my information and says, "Oh, by the way, it's a good thing you wrecked today instead of tomorrow." And I'm like, REALLY! WHY! " Because your license expires tomorrow and I would have had to give you a ticket." Sure enough - my license EXP date was 09/26/09 the date of my wreck! Aren't they supposed to send some type of notification in the mail or something! They don't have to - according to the officer.....well like I look at my license every day to know! I NEVER look at it - why would I? So, needless to say - even if I could borrow someone's car to drive right now - I have an expired license....so Hilary is going to drive me to Scottsboro today to get that taken care of. I just looked and I have written like an entire chapter here! LOL - I have stuff to talk about today :) I'm just so glad that no one was hurt, that Wesley wasn't with me, cause originally it was going to be me alea and wes - just us and I really would have had a nervous breakdown....Thankfully we were all ready to go...I'm just still in shock right now - so on Sunday went to Trenton that morning, it was really good - Hilary drove me down there :) But I did leave early so I prayed all the way home that there wouldn't be some type of road block somewhere for them to give me a ticket! Trust me - I wasn't giving them a reason to pull me over! Went to church that night - really good there too - and then helped Clint get the septic issues cleared up after church....This morning rode to work with Clint and I'm waiting for a decent hour to hit so I can call and get all this checked out with insurance. Mom told me yesterday that I should have taken pictures of the car - but I was too busy flipping out to worry about a picture! I still have to go get a couple of things we forgot out of the car so maybe I can get a picture then and put on here. Oh and I have to share this too, Alea has been talking about the wreck all weekend....so sat night I was trying to calm her down so we started talking about it and she asked where my car was, and I told her it was gone "It has a boo boo?" yes. "Where is it?" It's gone baby. "Is it at the doctor?" Yes it's at the doctor. "He has to put a band aid on it, right?" Yes a pretty big band aid. "And then we get a new car, a pink car." HAHA You will have to ask your daddy about getting a pink car. Which she did ask him and we all know what he said to that :) oh - and we missed the first of the game :) got home around 4....and I still haven't gotten anything to wear for the CD pictures :) What a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment