Monday, June 21, 2010

I really hate Mondays...

Especially when I spent all weekend in a mess and cleaning a mess and in a mess again and cleaning it again, etc etc etc. So Clint took off Thur and Fri to work on the living room and get it ready for carpet which will be laid today. And we quit working last night at 11:20 I believe. Missed church all weekend - which on sat we went to Floyd and Tessie's at 5 for father's day cookout for Floss....so Clint had a couple of hours of no work :) That is literally all he has been doing since wednesday night. We paid Toby to come help him work for 2 days so I didn't have to really do anything those days - except cleaning the rest of the house which is packed with our living room "everything"...and that room is huge so there is a lot of stuff! I'm excited though - the room looks good now that the walls are wood and not paneling that is bowing out and gray ( who puts gray, rotting, looking paneling on their walls because they actually picked it! only mawmaw and red ) and then on the other 2 walls the wallpaper was blue stripes and then red paint over it with the stripes bleeing through and the wallpaper peeling off....we painted the ceiling, sorry CLINT painted the ceiling and it looks unreal compared to what it did - it was pretty much gray and black because of the issue we had with carbon dioxide a couple of years ago - we had talked about painting it just never got to it. So - fireplace ripped out, new walls, new paint on ceiling and tonight when I get home it will have brand new carpet!!!!!!! I can't wait - then I'll have to put up trim at some point - buy new outlet covers, and move everything back in after I clean it all and try to get my house back in some kind of order before revival which is now right under 2 weeks away! I didn't get to finish the flower beds either so still have to do that - oh yea Clint also bought a new air conditioner (you'd think we have a money tree out back with the way he was spending it this weekend!) So anyhow - crazy weekend - tiring and aggravating at times but now that it's almost finised it looks really good I must say :) Maybe I'll take a pic of it this week and put here. Anywho - guess for now I'll get to work! Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. oml I so know how you feel. Mu house is turned upside down. And our revival is in just under a week!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see it! When are me and Hil supposed to clean your house?

    ReplyDelete