Wednesday, December 22, 2010

How will Santa get in?

:) Kids are so funny sometimes....so Alea is OBSESSED with Santa this year...let me give you an idea what Christmas was like at my house when I was young...non-existent is the best way to put it :)

Well I'd say up til I was like maybe 3 so Tara never got to experience it until we were in our teens....Dad went to a church that for a very long time they pretty much went by the Old Testament....they celebrated the feasts...Feast of Unlevened Bread (we couldn't eat any yeast for a week...unlevened Texas Brownies are wonderful though so it wasn't as bad as it sounds) We celebrated the Feast of Tabernacles...went on vacation in Sept every year to anywhere in the world we wanted (that had a convention of dad's church there...the farthest we went was Arkansas and Missouri) anyhow you get the idea....so they didn't celebrate Halloween, Christmas, etc. So at our house there was no santa, no tree, no presents....at Mawmaw's there was :) So we weren't left out completely we just didn't celebrate it at our house until I was in my teens I guess somewhere around 14 or so.

So Santa was not a thing in my life...so I have never really talked to my kids about him or even thought of him bc it wasn't anything to me ya know....well Hilary has told Alea about him and she is obsessed...She flips out every time she sees him and wants to hug him a hundred times and just look at him LOL.

So to get to my story (the really long way it looks like) last night Alea asked if we could sleep in the tent and Clint said we could on Christmas Eve and then on Christmas morning we'd wake up right in front of the tree and open presents. She loved that idea of course - so I just asked her, "Alea, where will the presents come from?" and she said "From Santa!" and I said, "Well how will he get in here to bring them?" (we used to have a "fake" fireplace that we ripped out over the summer and now we have a fake "fake" fireplace looking heater/mantle in the corner of the living room) her answer was, "He's going to come through the heater! He'll have to open the little door though." :) Kids :) What can I say :)

Last friday night we went to Noccalula Falls with some of Clint's family. It was COLD but it was fun...the kids loved the lights and the train, they saw Santa, got hot chocolate...I liked it better than Rock City's lights and it's WAAAAYYYYY cheaper, just 5 bucks each for adults and kids 5 and under are free...can't beat that! Here are a couple of pics.






























No comments:

Post a Comment