Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I have an idea...

These were Alea's words on Sunday afternooon as we drove the 7 hours back to home....and the idea was, "Daddy let's turn around and go back to the beach!" :) A child after my own heart :) So - if there is actually someone out there that was wondering where I've been the last few days...well I was soaking up some wonderful sun at Ft Morgan, AL!



We left wednesday morning - got there around 4 EST and came home noon time on Sunday. The kids absolutely loved it...the beach was wonderful - beautiful water - blue/green out and clear where we walked. We saw fish of all sizes, dolphins like crazy, at least a hundred sea turtles and one crazy fish that was at least 1.5 - 2 ft long that swam by my toes literally almost at the bank! (I really say it was at least 2 ft but I don't want ppl thinking I'm telling a fish story here!) We ate at my fave place - Lulu's :) and also tried Mellow Mushroom and I have to say that was a pretty good pizza. I took tons of pictures but of course don't have them uploaded yet :( Not having a computer at home is starting to stink!) Anyhow - as soon as I get them uploaded I'll have a few on here. Like I said - we had a great time - got home sunday night which was also Alea's 4th birthday! We literally dropped Clint off at home and drove over to Granna and Papa's where we waited for Jasmyn to show up. The kids HAD to sleep over so I went and got them monday afternoon and we went across the street to a fish fry at Gina and Jamie's - must say it was some good food and I don't really care for seafood :) The kids had a great time there - they were literally black from playing all day :) Then of course this morning I had to snap back into reality and come to work :( I have been off a week so it was not easy.

So - here I am back at work - starving and it's only 1054....won't take lunch until 1130 and won't eat even then cause Traci and I are walking on our lunch now :)

Don't forget we have a singing this friday night at Pleasant Oaks - come on out and bring a friend or two!

1 comment:

  1. Do you know how bad I need a beach trip right now!!!!! I love Lulu's too. Glad you had a good time! We may try to come Fri. we live like right down the road from Pleasant Oak.

    ReplyDelete