Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday is here again...

unfortunately way to quickly than I would have liked. I had a great and tiresome weekend. So Clint took off Thurs and Friday....from 930 to 830 thursday - all 4 of us were living room suite shopping.....No joke - 11 hours of that fun.....we went to Rooms to go, Ashley Furniture and Kinders....2 times each to all and 3 times to RTG. 3rd times a charm right - that's where we ended up making our huge purchase (oh be still my heart)....I made Clint pay for it cause I didn't know that I'd be able to complete it without passing out. In case you don't know me well I'm the penny pincher in our family....I don't care if we have the money to buy it - I want to know I have it and could use it if I wanted to but I don't WANT to use it! LOL I'm weird yes. So - it will be delivered on Friday...this is the first new couch we have bought. The first one we had was mom and dad's old one.....then the one we have now we bought from Bro. Totchie....yes the brown sectional they used to have in the basement years ago that we all piled on while watching others play pool. It's literally falling apart - and this winter the wedge was the good ole' home of a family of rats. That part about killed me this winter :) Anyhow - we decided we needed a new one - a whole set mind you - so friday we will be getting a couch that reclines, a love seat that reclines, a reclining chair, a coffee table and 2 end tables. And the one in our house right now will be going to the dump. Yeehaw! So I'm excited about that!
Friday went yard saling with Mom and Dad....got some great deals on clothes for Alea, a pile of about 13 items, this includes 6 dresses with one being a Strausburg....for 10 bucks......I was thrilled. So anyhow friday night was the singing of course.
Saturday got up early and got ready to head to Uncle Joseph's 30th surprise b-day party at the park. Kids had a blast - Joe was surprised - then left there and went to my mother-in-laws where Clint grilled out for us for mother's day a little late...grilled corn on the cob, potatoes, steak, shrimp and chicken kabobs and bacon wrapped stuff jalepenos (the best).....ashley made homemade butterfinger ice cream....i had grape salad :) and the kids swam almost the entire time. Got to see Ashley and Tessie thrown into the pool.....I fought a little harder so luckily by the time Bradley tried to get me he was soaked himself and tired and didn't want to fight :) Then Alea and Wes got to ride PePaw's motorcycle for the first time up the road a piece - they both loved it. Which I had hoped they hated it so they'd never ask to ride again! Oh well! Then Sunday I didn't even wake up until 1055......I was so tired and felt like I was getting sick again - got up and tried to clean house a little since we hadn't really been there since wednesady...then to church last night which was really good. Then today of course came back to reality and trying to wish the day away so it'll hurry and be 345 and I can leave!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to babysit for you again so I can try out your new couch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous...I'm wanting a new living room suite myself.

    ReplyDelete